Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What Doesn't Kill You--

As I started my blog, I had quite a few ideas about what I wanted to write about; different interests, "causes" (such as they are), events. Yesterday, however, I had a wake-up call while at my allergist, in the form of the news that my blood pressure is high. So today I've watched it and it's even higher.

Hypertension. From my medical background, I know it's not something you mess with--they don't call it the "silent killer" for nothing. I've had a stressful week-plus, been very poor with exercising regularly for several months, have had regular alcohol intake, and have not lost that weight I'm supposed to be losing. All can raise your blood pressure. I'm scared. I've given myself a week to two weeks (since in a week I'm leaving on vacation) to exercise, relax, eat a better diet, etc., until I report myself to my internist. If that happens, I know what she'll do. It's not where I want to go, as a 'kid' just over 40.

So I'm dedicating myself with new purpose to regular exercise, diminshed indulgence, and increased awareness of stress relief so I can get back to where I need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your thoughts in here--