Saturday, September 25, 2010

Changing Again

I've been off for a while. Mostly, it's because I just didn't feel this blog was going anywhere. (Even though I've been collecting photos and stories...a black widow spider from my garden, freezing serrano and cubanelle peppers, butterfly photography...but...no motivation to post them.) 

I was also cast into doubt one day when I showed a friend the blog and her first impression was "Boy, that's BUSY!"  So maybe it was too "busy;" it's not really meant to be an artsy space per se.  I also wondered if it was taking too long to load after I realized that at one time I had 4 "feed" followers and that decreased to 1.  Hence the revamped, simplified look I created last night.  (By "created" I mean I selected a new template and tweaked the colors and layout a little bit.)

In addition, after over a year, I was/am discouraged by the minimal readership--although I am so happy with my new friends who follow me--and I am reaching into different areas generally to try to impact the world. It makes sense to me right now to spend more time in the "real" world looking for "it" than in the virtual world.

I recently saw the following Edmund Burke quote: "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little."  It has become one of my many goals to not be this person, meaning, I need to get out there and DO more, where ever I can.  If I have time between working on my big goals, I'll try to post some more--which will probably increase when the weather gets bad.  Until then, keep striding toward your own goals!

Have a comment? Advice? Random observation? I'd love to hear it. Click "COMMENTS" just below.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, now I can't remember what your blog looked like before, but I can't remember thinking it was too busy.

    I'm ready for photos and stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shelly. And I love the picture showing 11 cats in the tree. Just HOW DID they get up there? Do you know? I'm curious (just like a cat :)

    And BTW, I wouldn't blame you one bit for slowing down (or stopping) the blog writing. Our lives are so busy, that sometimes -- who am I kidding -- that MANY times we need to say, "No" for our own health, family, and sanity. We must take care of ourselves before we are able to take care of others effectively. Sometimes that requires slowing down a bit, reevaluating what is more/most important to us, and enjoying life more thoroughly.

    As far as I know, you are the first of my friends to have created a personal blog to share with the world. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shelly and Ginger. Funny, but just writing again brought back how much I just like to write and tell stories.

    And no, I have no idea how the 11 cats got in the tree, but most of them seem to be looking at something on the ground, don't they? It's quite a picture--I'd love to know the story too. It would be a good photo for school kids to write a story about.

    ReplyDelete

Just type your thoughts in here--