Friday, September 4, 2009

Great News

Whew! Horray! Thank God! You get the message. I just found out that none of the horrible potential things that I've been worrying about are wrong with my heart. It's just high blood pressure. Yay!

Day before yesterday, my cardiologist had his nurse follow up with me to see how I was making out after the last med change. (My BP was still higher than it should be.) We traded phone messages, and in one I told her she could feel free to call back and tell me my echo was totally normal. The next day, she did!! Thank goodness...it was impossible to put thoughts of potential cardiomyopathy out of my head and concentrate on anything.

They also added an ACE inhibitor, which, after one dose, has really worked. My BP was so low this morning I was dizzy. A lot of coffee and some diet Coke helped a bit, and we're still good with the pressure this afternoon. I'm going to look out for the cumulative effect, but By George, I think we may have it here.

Tonight, hubby and I are going to our favorite restaurant to sit outside on the patio and celebrate the good news!! A great way to start the holiday weekend. Have a fantastic one, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That's great news!

    We always seem to brace ourselves with the worst health news and are beyond thrilled when good news is delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your healthy heart!! Are you going on vacation? Lucky you! Hope you enjoyed your dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Just type your thoughts in here--