Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Booming School Anyone?

I've been "off" for a while for a variety of reasons, some of which I might get into in the future. Today, however, I've been home sick with what seems to be a sinus "thing" (although it was hard to diagnose myself at first). So, having slept most of the day, I have a bit of time and marginal energy to bring up something I've wanted to publicize.

Sometime last week on a public radio program, I heard a monologue about "Booming" oil. Booming is what they are supposed to be doing in the Gulf of Mexico to gather the oil from the spill/blowout. Unfortunately, it seems that booming oil is a skill never acquired by the BP crew who are supposed to be doing it. Please take a few minutes to listen to this monologue that (while editorializing quite a bit) tells about the problem. The intro is about the spill, but the "meat" begins at 1:55, (feel free to skip the intro).



So, if this is true, how can we believe that BP is actually doing its best to clean up this mess?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit confused too because I believe Kevin Costner put a couple of millions of dollars of his own money into researching a solution and they haven't taken him up on it. Do they want to fail or are they trying to hide something??

    ReplyDelete

Just type your thoughts in here--