Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Images

We've been having a fun and busy time around here...how about you?  Here are some Christmas images I captured to share... First, new kitten Fuzzy lounges by the gifts in the morning. (New since August, it's a relative term.) 
Some of my favorite ornaments: the little wooden nurse Nana gave me way back when I first became a nurse; the new baby boy ornament now 16 years old; the bunny is most special because it was one of a set from my son...our very good friend was shopping with us and she bought them for him to give me--totally without me knowing. What a great surprise!
 A Hallmark Reindeer, a mitten and a new white star (I love stars on the tree).
The glass Santa was one of the first ornaments I purchased for our first Christmas tree way back when, along with the basket of grapes; also here are the owl and another bunny from the set.
Here is our tree topper...a bow I made a couple of years ago, along with two special angels near the top. Most precious to me, though, are the blown cobalt glass ornaments (deep blue balls) which were from my grandmother's house. I found them in her box of ornaments when we were cleaning out her home. They were in a little tin, packed in tissue by themselves.  I don't know how old they are but I love them.
The candy cane is a salt dough project that I did with my son about 10 years ago.
Here are more that I love: the cardinals are from my son; the guitar is his (he loves to play his guitar); the Santa is another of the first ornaments...the amazing glass drop to Santa's left is the second special surprise my son gave me the year we shopped with our friend.
Here's the partridge and chipmunk from the special set; the seashell wreath was made by Nana, and the snowflake was another project my son and I did when he was little.
A Christmas tree is really a history of our lives, isn't it?

Have a comment? Advice? Random observation? I'd love to hear it. Click "COMMENTS" just below.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to keep ornaments from over the years. And Mr. Fuzzy-pants looks quite at home.
    Just wanted to drop by and wish you a wonderful 2011. May you have health and happiness all through the year.

    ReplyDelete

Just type your thoughts in here--