Sunday, January 16, 2011

Be a Light to the World

What a beautiful Sunday morning we had here!  Sunshine, snow melting, a cold crisp breeze....  And we had an interesting Sunday School class and a great reminder from the church service that we are to be the Light of the world. 

John Wesley (English theologian, 1703-1791) preached about many things, including the proper use of money.  We had a challenging discussion on his ideas, which are easy to sum up because his published sermon practically does it for me. He believed that earning money was a blessing and that you should make as much as you can without hurting yourself, your neighbors or society; save as much as you can, and give as much as you can.  Also, he believed that it is our duty to be good stewards of all things, money included.

In church after that, we were focused on being "the light of the world."  Light brings warmth, happiness, and growth; it shines on others and shows them goodness.  In church (and afterward, as I think about the message), I always think about what I, personally, could do to use or apply the themes of the message.

In short, it occurred to me that I could use this space for more uplifting things.  And there are other things I can do, every day, to show the Light to the world. 

Not sure about you, but pictures of cute cats make me feel happy.  Here are Tiger and Clee, who were snuggling and bathing each other before I interrupted.
And here are Fuzzy and Clee (he's on the bottom) sacked out on the sofa on Christmas Day.  No one can sleep--or cuddle--like kittens! 
I hope to have brought some happiness to your day--

 
Have a comment? Advice? Random observation? I'd love to hear it. Click "COMMENTS" just below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your thoughts in here--