Monday, February 1, 2010

End in Sight

Sorry everyone, it's been a rough January and I've only had time for...geez, is it only 3 posts last month? I am sorry, and I wish I could promise better for February but in January the "you know what" hit the fan at work, and the coming month is a run-up to a trial (that means massive amounts of work for just that one case, while trying to keep all of the others from getting behind).

We finally had a chance to catch up on the Christmas visits as well. Last weekend we had the pleasure of visiting with my siblings and their kids; the weekend before we went to visit hubby's daughter and granddaughter. Both visits were GREAT!

Despite all of the busy activity recently, something else is on my mind. Last evening, a certain angle of the sun--a brilliant afternoon light that hit just so on my cheek--made me realize that it's now late winter. It's not that we're even half way through winter itself (the half way point would be February 4 around 5:45 p.m. UT, not that I'm counting) but I could just feel that the worst of our winter here is over. There was change in the air.

About an hour later, my hunch was confirmed. The picture below is not very good, but the important part is that it was snapped at 5:28 p.m. on Sunday. For weeks it's been completely dark by that time, but now the sun still hangs above the trees.

Then, this evening at 6:10 p.m. I was still enjoying the beautiful colors of sunset so I took this one: (again, not a good photo but I think the colors show a little.)

It seems like we've been in such darkness for so long but now the evenings are noticably lighter to me. For us, it's been a really snowy Winter so far and we've had several serious cold snaps--seriously unusual for us. But now the end is in sight. I think we might make it through another winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your thoughts in here--