Friday, August 21, 2009

BMI Check

I've missed a couple of days posting for a combination of reasons--a work assignment I had to finish, guests for dinner last night, feeling "weird" from (I think) the BP med.

Not much new on the BP front; it is slowly coming down, but still not all the way there. I have a weird foggy-headed/spacey feeling which I am guessing is from the med (and/or my change in BP) but no cankles yet. Plus, every afternoon around 4:30, I can barely stay awake. What's that about? My echo is on Monday, and I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I wasn't worried about it. But, I'm trying to keep from obsessing about it until I know whether there's a real problem with my heart. The potential super sucks, but I'm going to avoid thinking about that for as long as possible. On a great note (in my opinion, obviously) I've lost 2-3 lbs. so far, depending upon which point in my normal fluctuation you measure it. I'm taking that as a win, and looking for the next lower number on the scale to appear.

I used one of the many free BMI calculators on-line, and found that I "only" need to lose 14 lbs. to be back in the "healthy weight" zone based on BMI. Here's one, in case you want to try it. http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ So far, I've only cut back on indulgences, kept up the healthy food choices, and (per the cardiologist's order) kept exercising. I've added to my walks at lunch and now go for 45-50 minutes 3-4 days per week, with Jazzercise on Saturdays. Once my schedule at work levels off, I fully intend to walk every day I'm not in court. It's been a challenge recently because all week it has been 90 degrees with high humidity at lunch--the heat index has been 98-101--but I'm out there. I'm committing to a positive attitude, with positive change as a result!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just type your thoughts in here--