Thursday, August 27, 2009

Origami Diversion

Sometimes I need to do something different. It refreshes me to use my mind in a different way! Then, when they're done, they make nice little gifts for friends.

Peacock


Chameleon


Parrot


Phesant


Trio of Cranes

Doing origami also reminds me of my "little" brother (which I persist in calling him despite the fact that he's at least 6" taller than me), who has been an origami expert for years. One time, when I visited him while I was on a business trip, he made me a phenomenal origami bird with fluttery wings. I still have it.

2 comments:

  1. These are really cool. Is it hard to do? I've always been intimidated to try because it looks impossible to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMB--thanks! They're not all hard; I'd start with something easy like the cranes. Here's a really great instructional website on the crane: http://www.origami.org.uk/origamicrane.htm
    The parrot is a bit harder; others are in between. Give it a try! It's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Just type your thoughts in here--